Please read the Terms & Conditions below then click here to apply for a stall or pitch at the Festival
A standard 2.5m x 2.5m pitch costs £50. You will need to bring your own gazebo, chair(s) and table.
If you wish to hire a commercial Exeter City Council market stall, there is an additional charge of £50. This includes transportation, erection and dismantling of the stall.
We have a limited number of trading pitches on offer, and we anticipate that this will be a very busy bank holiday Saturday for the city, given that it is the last weekend of the summer holidays and lots of families will be in town shopping for back-to-school items.
Please note that we are a not for profit organisation, and all proceeds from the festival are invested back into the festival to cover costs.
Terms & Conditions
1. The pitches/stalls are situated at 2 separate sites: High Street, Exeter EX4 3BD – outside McGahey’s tobacconist, and Fore Street, Exeter EX4 3HR – where the top of Fore Street meets South Street. Pitches are issued on a first come, first served basis.
2. Precise siting and positioning of stalls to be determined and allocated by the organisers on the day, on a first come, first served basis.
3. Traders to provide own stall and equipment unless hiring a commercial market stall for an additional £50. Tables, chairs, gazebos, generators and water are not provided. Hired market stalls must be returned at the end of the event in the same condition that it was provided. Traders will be charged for the value of any equipment that is lost or damaged.
4. Applicant to be responsible for the transportation, erection and removal of their own structure and other equipment; for the general cleanliness of the area before vacating same; and for losses, damage or injury arising or resulting from its use. Any gazebo or marquee canvas textiles provided by Traders MUST be fit for purpose and meet fire safety standards, with documents to support this. Makeshift constructions are not acceptable. The British summer throws up extreme weather conditions and a flimsy pop up tent is unlikely to be fit for purpose. If your structure looks unsafe or unsuitable you will be asked to cease operation and pack up.
5. Festival organisers will be responsible for the transportation, erection, dismantling and removal of hired commercial market stalls.
6. Both sites will be available from 8am on Saturday 26th August and set up must be completed before 9am. Unloading and loading must be carried out as quickly as possible, and vehicles must be completely removed from the street as soon as unloading / loading is complete.
7. Stalls must remain in place until at least 5pm (no vehicle movement will be permitted before this time). Stalls may trade onsite until 6pm.
8. All stall holders are responsible for the safety and control of persons working on or visiting their stall, and should carry their own public liability insurance and a risk assessment for possible inspection on the day by festival staff and/or council officials.
9. Bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received through this website, upon completion of the traders’ application form. Fees are not refundable in the event of bad weather or cancellation.
10. Sale of food must be compliant with all food regulations and health and hygiene requirements, and Food Hygiene certificates must be provided to the festival organisers in advance of the event.
11. All gas / electrical / fairground equipment must be tested and certificates provided to the festival organisers at least four weeks prior to the festival. Electrical equipment must be PAT tested and certified as fit for purpose. Equipment and wiring should be properly insulated and earthed. All sockets, plugs and wiring should be adapted for outdoor use and protected from the elements. Should Site Staff find faulty or untested electrical items or connections within your stall, you will be asked to disengage the equipment or may be asked to cease trading with no refund on your fee.
12. The sale of dangerous or illegal items is strictly forbidden and any stalls selling such items will be removed without refund. STRICTLY NO SELLING OF ALCOHOL, CIGARETTES, BEVERAGES, FOOD OR LAUGHING GAS PERMITTED.
13. PA / sound projection systems must not be used by stall holders unless prior written permission has been granted by the festival organisers.
14. Stallholders are asked to only sell items that were originally listed during their application.
15. All rubbish and waste materials must be removed from the site, during and after the event. Please leave your pitch the way you found it when you leave the festival. If we find your pitch left with litter and waste, you will not be invited back to future events and we may send you a bill for the clear up. Please bring suitable sacks for rubbish and take them away with you, or make use of the public bins in the surrounding area. Bring only what you need. Please leave unnecessary packaging at home, and please recycle where possible.
16. Traders must be responsible for the security of their stalls, equipment and staff. Music In Devon Initiative CIC will not be held responsible for any damage or theft caused to the above, nor for any financial losses incurred for any reason.
17. Cancellations – any Trader wishing to cancel their pitch at the festival will be subject to the following pitch charges/return: